Saturday, March 21, 2009

21 March 2009 - Spring

21 March 2009 - Spring

Most remarkable yesterday - on the subway heading out to the bus to West Roxbury there was a brief pause. In that timid moment between two breaths I thought, "So this is what the Universe sounds like." Subway rush and rattle and breaks screeeech; people and ipods and conversations . . . SO THIS IS WHAT THE UNIVERSE SOUNDS LIKE . . . . My tee shirt touching my chest and back under my sweater, under my jacket; scarf around my neck . . . breathing in, cool air touches the inside of my nose, glasses perched on the bridge of my nose . . . the seat under my butt . . . SO THIS IS WHAT THE UNIVERSE FEELS LIKE. I see the person sitting across from me . . . this is how this person looks - what this person looks like . . . Finite aspect. Same person . . . SO THIS IS WHAT THE UNIVERSE LOOKS LIKE . . . . infinite aspect. I am thinking - having a thought - finite aspect - UNIVERSE APPEARING AS THOUGHT - infinite aspect. This what I call Universe here In Zen we call 'DON'T KNOW.'

No comments: